PCM briefing: Lime emerges as thermal storage medium; district energy shines at climate conference; more
Ben Welter - Tuesday, December 08, 2015
• German researchers are working on a thermal storage system that uses lime as the storage medium.
• Representatives of three district energy champion cities – St. Paul, Minn., and two Swedish cities, Malmö and Gothenburg – shared their success stories at the climate conference in Paris.
• A new report from Technavio, "Global Advanced Energy Storage Systems 2016-2020," projects that market will see a compound annual growth rate of nearly 14 percent over the next five years.
• New research by Future Market Insights, "Temperature Controlled Packaging Solutions Market: Global Industry Analysis and Opportunity Assessment 2015-2025," will be published in January.
• A look inside Qatar Cool's new District Cooling Plant 3, which will feature a thermal energy storage tank with a 5,000-ton cooling capacity.
• TechNiche Europe has introduced a washable version of its HyperKewl cooling fabric.