PepsiCo is looking for thermally responsive material technology for use in beverage containers.
NineSigma, an organization that matches large manufacturers with technology providers worldwide, is managing the search.
Conceptual approaches are of interest provided there is a clear path to commercialization. A successful technology will:
• Provide the desired thermal properties for carbonated soft drinks in PET
• Be recyclable and environmentally sustainable
• Be capable of running on standard off-the-shelf labeling equipment
• Delight the customer, in feel and touch
• Must be non-toxic
• Be cost-effective
Additional desirable features:
• Applicable to a wide variety of packaging formats (PET, glass, Al, etc.)
• Relevant to broad beverage product portfolio (juices, tea, water, dairy, etc.)
• Applicable to U.S. and global markets
• GRAS approved
The path to commercialization should be shorter than two years; respondents may indicate their required timeframe if longer than that. Questions may be directed to Jonathan Jakischa, innovation technology associate at NineSigma. The submission deadline is March 30.