Registration is open for the 6th Swiss Symposium Thermal Energy Storage, to be held in Lucerne, Switzerland, on Jan. 25, 2019. The symposium will focus on seasonal storage systems and the sector coupling of power and heat. So far, five speakers have been confirmed:
• Dan Bauer, research area manager for thermal energy systems with phase change, German Aerospace Center (DLR), Stuttgart, Germany.
• Peter Schossig, Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE, Germany.
• Colin Pulham, head of school of chemistry, University of Edinburgh, U.K.
• Yulong Ding, director of the Birmingham Center for Energy Storage, University of Birmingham, U.K.
• Aris de Groot, founder and director of Ecovat Seasonal Thermal Energy Storage, Eindhoven, Netherlands.
The registration fee is 300 Swiss francs. Lunch is included. The 2018 symposium drew more than 100 participants.